Simple Thank You's

Friday, April 20, 2012

It's Friday! I've got quite the busy weekend planned... I'm currently off to Milwaukee for Intermediate Copic Training with the talented Debbie Olson. I can't wait to gather together with other Copic lovers and take our images to the next level! 

Before leaving, I needed to quickly make bundles of thank you cards to show appreciation for birthday gifts and other special acts of kindness I've received lately. I gathered together my Essential Sentiments and Vintage Labels stamp sets from A Muse Studio and got to work making these:


A Muse Studio makes dies that coordinate perfectly with the Vintage Label stamps, and boy do I wish I had purchased them! Instead, I spent lots of time (while watching Breakfast at Tiffany's) cutting out these labels by HAND! I know what my next purchase will be!

I stuck with a 4.25 inch square card, making it fast and easy to cut out the 4 x 4 inch layering swatches. A little glue and some twine... here is the result:


And, of course, about 40 more in various colors and styles, using the same materials:



I finished just in time to see the vulnerable, crazy Holly and the struggling writer, Paul, fall madly in love. The scene at Tiffany's of the two trying to find something under $10 is my favorite. Do you enjoy any classic movies?

Have a wonderful Friday friends... Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for Sketch It Saturdays with Unscripted Sketches. I made something quite special this week! 

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Shimmer Couture Solid, Sugar)
Patterned Paper: A Muse Studio (Shimmer Couture Damask)
Stamps: A Muse Studio (Vintage Labels, Essential Sentiments)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Baker's Twine: A Muse Studio (Onyx/White)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs