Sketch It Saturday 160 - Hello Lovey

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hello friends! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! I'm popping in today to show off this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches. You won't want to miss out on this one. 


And here's some inspiration for you:


As you can see, I changed up the original sketch quite a bit. But that's the beauty of Unscripted Sketches. We want you to create a card, layout, or other creation using the sketch as a starting point. Then flip it, change it, make it your own. And don't forget to link up! We want to see what you create and give you a chance to be featured as one of the top three! You have until Thursday, May 31st. 



I did quite a bit of paper piecing for this card. It's a major stress reliever for me to tediously cut a bunch of tiny pieces while watching an episode or two of a show streaming on Netflix. OK! You caught me, a full season ;) I photographed the card before adding the colored pieces to the image to show a more clean and simple version. It's still adorable, but after looking at both I love the pop of color the paper piecing provides. What do you think?


My color inspiration for this card came from Market Street Stamps' Paint the Town Color Challenge. In addition to Sketch It Saturday, join in the fun over at MSS. You have until Monday to post your creation. 


1 comment:

  1. your card is so adorable! I love the image...too cute. Great color combo..what a fun card! Great job girl♥
    hugs,
    Unscripted Sketches DT

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs