Vellum Hearts and Distressing Techniques

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sympathy Card

Had some fun distressing this patterned paper with various inks. I first added Tea Dye Distress Ink around the outside edges with the foam applicator tool from Ranger. After that, I lightly set my Memento dye ink pad onto the patterned paper, adding the flecks and various lines. I added the harsh lines to the very outside edges of the paper as well. I made a second card, making sure to keep lines away from where I wanted to stamp the sentiment. 

I thought the combination of the empty bird cage and vellum heart expressed the sentiment in a real and beautiful way. What do you think? 

Birdcage Die Cut

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Vellum: Paper Cut 
Patterned Paper: Melissa Frances (Leah)
Crochet Ribbon: We R Memory Keepers
Heart Punch: EK Success
Birdcage Die: Lifestyle Crafts
Inks: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), Memento (Rich Cocoa)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs