Experimenting with Alcohol Inks :: Perspective

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good morning! Creating With Alcohol Inks is one of my favorite classes to teach at Creations Galore. There are endless techniques and projects you can create with this medium. During my last class, I played around with a few new techniques, resulting in the card below. 

I placed a large drop of ink in 3 colors onto the felt applicator tool. Rather than pouncing the felt across the glossy paper, I placed the tool onto the paper and twisted it in a circle. The patterned that resulted looked a lot like flowers. So I grabbed my Copic Multiliner and created some doodles over the ink circles. 

The butterflies were stamped onto colored vellum. After cutting them out, I folded the butterflies in half, adding glue to only the fold. This creates dimension and the illusion the butterflies are flying off the card. 

I added the same stamps to the inside of the card, and completed the front with a sentiment. 

Have you tried Alcohol Inks? It's such a fun medium. If you're local, I'd love for you to attend a class. The next Creating With Alcohol Inks class is Monday, November 5th. You can find out more information here. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut
Stamps: Tim Holtz (Spring Sprung, Good Thoughts)
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), Copic Multiliner, Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Pool, Salmon, Lettuce)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs