Life Is Beautiful :: New Background Technique

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hello bloggers! I'm currently in the process of developing new classes for the fall and winter months at Creations Galore. This means lots of experimenting. I went to work creating backgrounds with embossing powders and inks. The result was not at all what I had envisioned; however, I loved the results. Take a look:

To create this background, I first stamped Vintage Wallpaper with Versamark Watermark onto glossy paper. I heat set the clear ink in hopes it would act as a resist. And it did! I added Rusty Hinge Distress Stain over the stamped design. Lastly, I used a paper towel to move the ink up and down the paper, creating streaks and adding color to the resist. The result was a brightly colored vintage background. What do you think?

The sentiment comes from the Life is Beautiful set from Market Street Stamps and was stamped on vellum with StazOn ink. I absolutely love the MyStik Vellum Adhesive from Scrapbook Adhesives. You truly cannot see the strips of adhesive, making vellum one of my favorite materials to add to a card.

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you'll be inspired to do some experimenting of your own.

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Vellum: Paper Cut
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), Versamark Watermark, Distress Stains (Rusty Hinge)
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Vintage Wallpaper, Life is Beautiful)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs