Christmas Tag Cased

Friday, November 9, 2012

Last November, I had the pleasure of teaching a Christmas Tags Workshop at Creations Galore. This was my favorite tag from that class: 

I came across the tag this week while planning my Christmas decor, cards, and gift wrapping. It's one of my creations that I kind of drool over... Do you ever have any of those? Creations that turned out more beautiful than you ever imagined. And this one was so simple to create! Therefore, I thought I would case my own tag, turning it into a holiday card. 

I kept the design and elements, adding a few extras. I embossed the image with white embossing powder and stamped the sentiment with black StazOn. Random thought: I've never seen a bird on a buck's horns outside of a Disney movie and this card... But I absolutely love the image!

The tag is cut using an AccuCut die from similar colored papers. I used a brighter red cardstock this time around to match the patterned paper from American Crafts. I first cut the tag from the kraft colored cardstock. After embossing the stamped image, I adhered a small strip of red cardstock. Lastly, I trimmed the cardstock to keep the rounded corners of the tag.

A touch of ribbons and a pearl to add some flair to the card. 

What do you think? I'm looking forward to making a few more and sending them out for the holiday! This success has me wondering what other cards from my past creations I can case. 

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut (Fossil, White, Red)
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Reindeer Runway)
Stamps: Martha Stewart Crafts (Scandinavian)
Inks: Versamark Watermark, Ranger Embossing Powder (Seafoam White), StazOn (Jet Black)
Bling: A Muse Studio (White Pearl)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs