Create Your Own Gift Tags :: Glitter Love

Friday, December 7, 2012

Hello blogland! I received some great winter and valentine themed products from A Muse Studio yesterday. I was too busy last night preparing for a ladies tea and cookie exchange that I didn't get to play with all the fun supplies until tonight! Here's the first thing I created with the winter items:

All of the stamps and papers are currently 30% off at A Muse Studio! And this tag will be one of three projects I'll be offering in my December Workshop next Saturday. You can find out more information about my workshops by clicking here.

This tag is actually a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of Sugar cardstock. To transform it from just a piece of cardstock to a traditional tag, I cut the top corner off the right hand side. Then I placed the scrap triangle on the opposite corner as a cutting guide to ensure both sides were exact.  

How gorgeous is this even layer of glitter?! Replicating this technique is far easier than it looks! Just place a strip of 1/4" Scor-Tape onto the tag base like this:

After lifting up the tape backing, sprinkle diamond glitter over the area, tap off the excess, and use a paint brush to sweep away any stray flecks. The end result is stunning! 


To create the bottom half of the tag, cut a separate 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of cardstock. Place more strips of Scor-Tape onto the piece and peal off the backing. I cut 6- 1/2"x 2" strips, but you could cut any size and quantity. Place the strips diagonally onto the cardstock base. Trim ends and adhere to the tag.

I used the Vintage Holiday Greetings stamp set which offers a few different sayings and stamped them in cherry ink. 

For a matching tag reinforcement, cut a circle from cherry cardstock using a 1/2" punch. After adhering it to the tag, use a smaller punch to create a hole through the circle and the tag base. Insert some fun baker's twine in matching cherry, and you have a gorgeous tag to add to your gifts, cards, or scrapbook pages.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project. Thanks for stopping by. 

CARD SUPPLIES
All products A Muse Studio {visit my webstore before Dec 16th for 30% off these supplies}
Cardstock: Sugar, Kraft, Wasabi, Sky, Cherry
Patterned Paper: Candy Cane Stripe
Stamps: Vintage Holiday Greetings
Ink: Cherry 
Baker's Twine: Cherry
Glitter: Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs