Merry Christmas

Friday, December 14, 2012

Good morning! Tomorrow I'm hosting my first A Muse Studio workshop. We'll be creating two cards and a tag, including this fun card below...

The card layout was found on the A Muse Studio website, and I made a few changes. How great is this color combination for Christmas - red, kraft, light blue, white, and wasabi?! So whimsical and fun! After adhering strips of color to the card base, I wrapped cherry baker's twine around the front and tied a bow. The kraft circle is 1-7/8" and I used the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter to create it. I have to say, this cutter has quickly become one of my favorites. Punches are convenient and may take a few seconds less; however, the circle cutter saves on space! I find myself reaching for one tool rather than digging through a drawer of punches to find the right size. 

I recently bought the Snowflakes Trio Die Set from A Muse Studio, and you'll see it used in plenty of upcoming projects. Each snowflakes has a unique look and size. I've used the middle sized die for this card, adhered it to the kraft circle, and topped it off with a black pearl. The circle and sentiment are both attached to the card base with foam risers. I finished off the card with these fun pearl sequins. A Muse Studio offers several different colors, and I just had to pick up a pack of each! I never thought of using sequins as a card embellishment, but I'm loving the look now that I have. They're not as heavy as buttons and not as elegant as pearls -- just perfect for this card!

Thanks for checking out today's project! For more information on my upcoming workshops, visit me here.

CARD SUPPLIES
All A Muse Studio
Cardstock: Wasabi, Sugar, Sky, Kraft
Patterned Paper: Candy Cane Stripe
Stamps: Essential Sentiments
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Die: Snowflake Trio Die Set
Bling: Sequins (Pearl), Pearls (Black)
Baker's Twine: Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs