Sketch It Saturday :: Enjoy The Season

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hello! It's Sketch It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches. Our Design Team has done it once again with great cards to inspire you. Head over to the blog to see what they've created and to link up your own project. Here's this week's sketch and my take on it:


For this card I used a BasicGrey embossing folder to add some texture to the white cardstock piece as well as die cut some leaves. I also added some black ink around all the pieces. The holly leaves were cut from glitter paper by American Crafts and are GORGEOUS. However, without the inked edge, it was hard to see the individual shapes. 

I colored the ornament and bow about 12 different ways with different mediums in different colors and was unsatisfied. In fact, I was just frustrated with the overall card. I finally decided that I wanted less. Less color, less jazz. Therefore, I colored in some elements with red and let the white shine.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head over to Unscripted Sketches!

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut (White, Deep Blue Hopsack), Fossil
Glitter Paper: American Crafts
Stamps: JustRite
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic Markers, We R Memory Keepers (Sweetheart Inker Black), Sakura Gelly Roll Pen (White)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs