Use It Tuesday :: Make It Sparkle

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello paper crafters! This week is full of firsts - Today marks my first post with the Use It Tuesday Design Team! For this challenge, we challenge you to MAKE IT SPARKLE

Dust off your stash and play along with us! Our challenges are open to anyone, anywhere, who has product of any kind. Link up your creation here... One lucky participant will be chosen to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge. I can't wait to see what you create! 

As soon as I saw the challenge prompt, I knew what sparkly thing I was hoarding. These gorgeous Thickers from American Crafts. Even while pulling together supplies for this card, I was debating whether or not to use them! It's just rediculous. This is one of the many reasons I'm so PUMPED to be on this team. Use It Tuesday is forcing me to get out those hoarded items, and USE THEM. I just never justified a project in my mind "good enough" for these sticker letters. But today that thought process needed to change! 

I have a great tip for using self-adhesive letters. This centering ruler from EK Success is my go-to tool. The ruler has multiple lines on it, allowing the bottom half of the letters to be placed onto the ruler and lined up in a straight manner. After lining them up on the ruler, you're free to position them onto any project. This is the best part, and I find it particularly helpful for my page titles. Because the ruler is not attached to the project, I can move around the ruler, centering the word exactly to my liking. How many times have you placed stickers down to find out you didn't have enough room or it was not centered? Place the top half (the part off the ruler) where you'd like on your project. Once you've secured the top half, slide the letters off the ruler. This ruler has one side that is a non-stick surface and is super thin, making this technique even easier!

Along with the glittered letters, I added a doily, faux stitching, and washi tape. I didn't think it had just enough sparkle, so I added a clear rhinestone in each corner. The rhinestones were another hoarded item. They were so old the adhesive almost wasn't sticky enough to secure them to the card front! Proof I need to use them sooner after purchasing them.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your day sparkles!

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Sugar, Grape)
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan 6x6 Paper Pad)
Letter Stickers: American Crafts (Robin's Egg Thickers)
Ink: Copic Multiliner (Black 0.5)
Washi Tape: A Muse Studio (Valentine Collection)
Doily: Random Hoarded Item
Bling: Vintage A Muse

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! Those Thickers are awesome and I love how you added the doily and washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be joining you for the next few months at UIT Nicole. Your little card is just adorable. And I really, really love the look of your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of sparkle and delicate doilies. It is a very nice balance for the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the designs and colors you used! Glad to be with you on this team as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs