My personal tour guide...

Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello blogland! I've spent almost every night in my craft room catching up on Design Team projects, albums, and baby shower invites; however, I haven't been documenting them much. So sorry! I spent the afternoon yesterday photographing lots of cards and pages, and I'm so excited to share them with you. Where do we start?!

One of the albums I'm working on is dedicated to my travels and experiences in NYC, particularly a girls weekend with my roommate and best friend.


I had spent time in Central Park before this trip but hadn't explored too much of the park. There were several sites within the park that we wanted to view, so my roommate, Rachael, was up to the task of leading us. When it comes to travel, I'm the laid back type. "If we get there, we get there" is my philosophy. For that reason, I'm never the one to be in control of the map or the group. I'll be the first to admit that we would have never seen the statues, castle, or memorial that we wanted to visit. 


I started this layout with a base of green cardstock from American Crafts and gathered together embellishments and papers from Crate Paper's Storyteller collection. I fell in love with this collection when it was first released and knew it would be a great fit for these photos.


For the date, I stamped numbers from the KinderStampO Say It In Type set onto a vellum tag using black StazOn. The yellow scallop, along with the pink scallops that frame the white cardstock, were cut from the bottom portion of the 12x12 papers. I love when companies choose to add decorative elements to their barcode area. 


I use a combination of traditional scrapbook layouts and specialty page protectors in all of my scrapbooks. I first started out with Project Life page protectors but have added pages from American Crafts and We R Memory Keepers to my collection. {Click on each link to be taken to their protectors and learn more about this system} Here's a look at how the pages work with each other. I'll be starting at the beginning of this album and showing you each of the pages in the coming days. 


The journaling card in this sheet is from the Storyteller collection as well and is waiting for me to add some journaling. I would need to create far more layouts to include all of the photos I have of this trip. That's why these sheets are so great to use! 


Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with a new card sketch from Unscripted Sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs