The easiest cards I've ever created...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hello! Today I'm showcasing an upcoming class I'm teaching at Creations Galore. We received a wide variety of sticker sheets from Penny Black like the one below into the store. Challenged with how I could use them, I gathered together a limited amount of supplies and set the timer for one hour. Here's a list of my supplies: 


1- Penny Black sticker sheet {The above is Embrace}
1- 8.5x11 piece of patterned paper {Paper Studio White Polka Dot}
7- 8.5x11 pieces of solid cardstock 
1- Ribbon scrap
Stapler
Circle punch
3- Sentiment Stamps
Adhesive {MyStik Permanent} 
Journaling Pen {Black ZIG Writer, White Sakura Jelly Roll}

I chose to add some fun details with the ribbon scraps, stapler, and markers; however, these are not necessary items. I did not want to use more than the papers I had chosen, which coordinated nicely with the stickers. This really propelled me to use every scrap. Many of the card elements were results of me looking through what pieces I had left. Let's take a look at the creations:

7 cards and 2 tags! I didn't have enough cardstock to create full cards with the last two stickers on my sheet. So I opted for tags! I'm so glad I pushed myself to make as much as I could with the supplies, because those scraps would have made their way into the trash or continue to clutter my desk. Instead, they're beautiful creations ready to brighten someone's day! 

After creating the cards, I realized this was by far the greatest thing EVER! At only $2.50, Penny Black Sticker Sheets are a must-have! I completed everything in under an hour! An hour! Sometimes I can't complete a single card in 24 hours! The stamping, coloring, and cutting was already done for me! Which led me to think how affordable it was. I didn't need 9 different stamps, nor did I need a collection of markers or inks. 

It may sound like it, but Penny Black didn't give me free stuff, nor am I working for them. I'm just so excited at how simple and affordable this bundle of cards was to create. I'm planning on packaging them up and giving them as a gift. If you're intimidated by card making or still gathering a collection of supplies, you'll want to give this a try! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow such a variety of beautiful creations in a record time. Well done.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs