Amateur Street Photographer

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hello friends. I've gotten into the habit (or shall I say enjoyment) of scrapbooking when I have a few free moments. I still create cards every week for my day job, but at home I've found a passion to scrap the boxes of photos I have and keep up with Project Life 2013. Since I've never been one to keep things to myself, here's a recent layout I completed...

This summer, I took a trip to NYC with my roommate, Rachael, and my best friend, Anna. If you frequently read my blog, you're probably sick of hearing all about it! Our morning commute had us pop out of the subway around the World Trade Center. It was such a busy place (isn't all of New York?!) full of lively people, vibrant colors, and lots of action. I couldn't help but have my camera out and ready to become an amateur street photographer. 

On the layout I used a few puffy stickers from the Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Collection. Let me tell you, I'm crazy excited about these puffy stickers. At first glance, they look like an epoxy sticker. But they're soft and squishy and cuuuuuuute. I'm going to start going around with a giant sign picketing for everyone to start buying American Craft puffy stickers for themselves. It changed my life. *sigh* I'm such a paper crafting geek.

In addition to puffy stickers, I added a few layers of coordinating washi tapes and kraft circles (to create a visual triangle). I just noticed, however, that I forgot to add the date onto that cute little sticker from Simple Stories.

After completing the layout, I moved some things around my desk and found this photo from the site. I'll have to find a way to incorporate it into the surrounding pages of this travel album. Do you ever find yourself doing this?! I obviously need a new way to organize my photos! 

SUPPLIES
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Fact and Fiction Collection)
Washi Tape: Bela Blvd (Pickle Juice Chevron Designer Tape)
Embellishments: American Crafts (Amy Tangerine Yes, Please  Discover Puffy Stickers), Simple Stories (Sn@p! Icons)
Letters: BasicGrey (Fact and Fiction Alphas), Studio Calico (Heyday Black Bliss Thickers)
Inks: ZIG Writer (Black)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs