Drill #7 :: Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Good morning and HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY! Sadly, I don't have any layouts to share with you today. But I do have paper projects and a great challenge for you to enter! It's time for Drill #7 at the SWAT Blog! For the challenge, you'll need to pick a row on the tic tac toe board below. Pick three across, down, or diagonal. If you have trouble seeing the grid, you can click on it to enlarge the photo.



As always, there's a great prize package up for grabs! Link up your own creation... We'd love to stop by and give you some blog love. And one lucky winner will go home with this beautiful kit!

How about some inspiration to get you started? I chose the third row down: Stamping, No patterned paper, and Chipboard. I also chose to create a card rather than a page for this challenge. Here's the creation:

I inked just a small portion of the Vintage Music background by Market Street Stamps and stamped it onto my white card base. Not using patterned paper was a HUGE challenge for me. So I created my own patterned paper! I stamped the swirl background with VersaMark Watermark onto a heart I cut out freehand. I then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the image and used a heat tool to cure the powder, resulting in a light, glossy pattern. 

The letters were cut out of a 12x12 piece of chipboard using the AccuCut machine at my local scrapbooking store. I stitched a line through the letters onto the card base to keep them in place.

Thanks for stopping by today... I hope to see your creation linked up at SWAT.

SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Vellum, Chipboard: Paper Cut
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Vintage Music), Tim Holtz
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), VersaMark Watermark
Embossing Powder: Ranger (Clear)
Die: AccuCut (Chunky Letters)
Extras: Tim Holtz Distressing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs