Drill #8 :: Sketchy Saturday

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Saturday friends. I'm here this morning bringing you the newest Drill from SWAT - A fantastic sketch from our very own Becci! Take a look:


How fun is that?! There's a great prize up for grabs too. So don't forget to link up your own creation on the SWAT blog by May 28th!


Here is my take on the sketch! I had already printed my photos for this layout. Therefore, I clustered the larger photos in a similar way as the sketch. That's the best part of sketches - They're only a starting point for your creativity!

I just loved the stars scattered all over the sketch. I tried sequins, wood veneers, and die cuts, but I liked the look of spray ink splatters best. I placed a combination of A Muse Studio Splash and Heidi Swapp Color Shine to create the look.

Rather than a large pennent on my page, I used an Amy Tangerine sticker to create a large circle and extended the title to the right of the page. I added a 6x6 piece of patterned paper in replace of the cluster of tags in the sketch and plan to add some journalling in its place. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week - I can't wait to see your take on the sketch!

SUPPLIES
Spray Ink: A Muse Studio Splash (Winter Sky), Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Gold)
Patterned Paper: Pebbles (Content), Echo Park (Sunshine), Dear Lizzy (5th & Frolic 6x6 Paper Pad)
Stickers: Tim Holtz (Label Letters), Amy Tangerine (Goodness Thickers, Organize), Dear Lizzy (5th & Frolic Accent & Phrase Stickers)
Supplies: Tim Holtz (Distressing Tool)

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. That sticker is so pretty - love Amy Tan!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs