Sketch It Saturday :: Hey Smartie!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

If you found your way here from SWAT, please keep scrolling. This is my second post for today. 

Hello again! Unscripted Sketches has a new sketch for you to try! 

And here's the card I created for the challenge: 

Rather than piecing together smaller pieces of paper, I stuck with two patterned pieces and a sheet of vellum. I trimmed the striped paper to add the sentiment below it, creating the illusion of the bottom block of the sketch. The owl and sentiment from Peachy Keen Stamps was stamped on Copic X-Press It paper and colored with my favorite Copic marker colors. Because I already stamped a sentiment onto the card, I decided to add just a splash of color along the top right of the card base. I took the spray nozzle off the bottle of Dylusions spray, and used the plastic straw of the nozzle to drop the mist onto the card. With this technique, you get chunky splatter rather than a fine mist.

Make sure to head over to Unscripted Sketches to see what the rest of the design team crafted up for today. And don't forget to link up your own creation using this week's sketch as inspiration. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut, Copic X-Press It 
Vellum: Paper Cut
Patterned Paper: Pink Pasilee, Reminisce
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic Markers, Dylusions Ink Spray (Bubblegum Pink)
Stamps: Peachy Keen Stamps (Smartie Owl)

COPIC LIST
Pinks: RV23, RV25, RV29
Browns: E31, E33, E35
Yellows: Y11, Y15, Y17, Y26
Blues: B00, B02, B05
Greys: C-0, C-1, C-3

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. I love that its not flat and is off the base!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs