Faux Letterpress Backgrounds

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Good afternoon! I love the look and feel of letterpress stationary. I recently used that as inspiration for the card below, creating a faux letterpress background.

For the background I used an embossing folder from Lifestyle crafts and Marvy ink pads in neon colors. I gently rubbed the ink pads (starting with the lightest color first) directly onto the raised design inside the embossing folder. 

A piece of white cardstock was used as the base and placed in the embossing folder before it was run through a die cutting machine. The embossed design and ink transfers to the cardstock with little effort!

I finished up the card with a strip of holographic paper that really plays up the neon colors and a stitched design from Amy Tangerine's Capture Kit.

Have you tried this technique yet? It's one of my favorite ways to add texture and color!

 CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Holographic Paper: Paper Cut
Inks: Marvy Matchables
Embossing Folder: Lifestyle Crafts (Sketchbook)
Tools: Amy Tangerine Capture Embroidery Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs