On Trend :: Spray Ink

Monday, June 17, 2013

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING! It's Monday, which means it's time for 700 cups of coffee and a post from your Practical Scrappers On Trend Team! 

Today we're bringing you lots of inspiration using a new trend: SPRAY INK! You're going to love all the projects shown on the PS blog today using masks, inks, and more. Here's what I created for the post:

Let's be honest, I went crazy with ink splatters! I really wanted to have the illusion of rain and really added it on with a gold and blue ink. To create the splatters, I uncapped the bottle and gently tapped the nozzle above the paper. This gives much more defined ink splatters than pressing down on the nozzle and spraying.

I also sprayed a tiny bit of mist on my craft mat, picking up the ink with a paint brush and colored in my stamped image. You can create some great watercolor details with this technique. 

Have you tried out this trend on your paper crafting projects? I'd love to hear what you think!

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Sugar, Sky)
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico (Ethereal, Jubilant)
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co (Rain or Shine)
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), A Muse Studio Splash (Winter Sky), Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Gold)

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs