Project Life Blog Hop

Friday, June 28, 2013

Hello and welcome to the PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS and SCRAPTOWN LADY Blog Hop! We thought it would be fun to combine forces and share projects with you that have our design teams’ takes on one of the hottest scrapbooking trends around: Project Life.

Whether you are a “Project Lifer,” are interested in Project Life, or just want to find out ways to use all those fantastic Project Life types of products and ideas on your own projects, we have a hop FULL of inspiration and creativity!

We’ve got a fabulous prize, too - a $25 gift certificate to Scraptown Lady’s shop, which is stocked with awesome scrapbooking supplies! What do you have to do to be entered in the drawing? It’s easy!

1. Be a follower of Practical Scrappers; and
2. Be a follower of Scraptown Lady; and
3. Visit all the blogs, starting with Practical Scrappers and ending with Scraptown Lady, and leave a comment at each blog along the way.

We will be hopping until Sunday, June 30th, at 11:59 p.m. CST. The grand prize winner will be announced on Tuesday, July 2nd!

Project Life Spread by She Zig Zags

For those who are unfamiliar with Project Life, it is a system developed by Becky Higgins for documenting the every day. You'll find most "project lifers" create a two page spread for every week of the year. That's not how you'll find my spreads. I keep memorabilia and print off pictures of things I find important and want to remember. I place these in my album in chronological order. A spread may document a day, a week, or a month. Some of the items included don't seem to NEED a full 12x12 traditional layout, but I want to include it. This spread is a prime example of that. 

Project Life Spread by She Zig Zags

In the page above, I included a large scrapbooking purchase that I geeked out about, some doodles on notes, a tv show I was addicted to, a Facebook update, and a picture of a boat as I waited to cross into downtown where I live. These small, semi-weird things to include in a scrapbook show my passions, what I watched, how I learned, where I lived, and so much more. Sometimes I wish I could pick up an album and see these details in one of my parents or grandparents lives. It's from that place that I enjoy including the Project Life pages in my albums alongside traditional layouts. The Project Life system can so easily be customized to your time, life, and style, and I'm positive you'll see that while hopping along today! 

Project Life Spread by She Zig Zags

Project Life Flip Pocket

I love these flip pockets by Close To My Heart... They come in several smaller sizes that are perfect for adding additional photos to my spreads. For this page, I added a pocket to the top left photo sleeve. I was able to include the "pretty" and "not so pretty" aspects of throwing a bridal shower. The photo below shows you the spread with the pocket raised. 

Project Life Studio Calico Spread by She Zig Zags

Tim Holtz Vial Labels are another favorite Project Life supply of mine. It's so easy to stick them to a photo or journaling card and add a date, name, or note. 

Spray Ink Project Life Card

Another hot trend lately is spray ink. I couldn't resist adding a little to my journaling cards too! I also used several frames to add a little interest to my journaling cards and photos. But what if that frame, sticker, or brad is too large for the photo sleeve? Adhere it to the outside! For this spread, I adhered a frame, thickers, and wood veneers to the outside of the sleeves with a hot glue gun. 

Facebook Status with Project Life

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've found a few ideas for your next spread! Don't forget to leave a comment and hop along to the other talented Project Life-loving ladies. You're headed to Claude next. If you get lost along the way, just check the complete list below to get you hopping in the right direction:

Nicole Laha (me!)

Lastly, if we have inspired you so much that you “need” to do a little shopping now, SCRAPTOWN LADY is offering 20% off all orders during the hop! The sale runs from now ‘til midnight Monday. Enter “code20” to receive your discount.

You can see all of my Project Life posts here.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this! What great examples of different ways to use the PL idea! And I really, really like your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved checking out all the details. If I was doing PL, this would be my approach too, a bit ecclectic, and reflective of how we really roll! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! Precious pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great PL page and love all your details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how fun and eclectic your style is..so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what a precious layout.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs