Use It Tuesday :: Bring on the Sunshine

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hey there hoarders! It's time for a new Use It Tuesday challenge. This week we're celebrating that bright star that warms our days with a challenge we call... BRING ON THE SUNSHINE! 

Remember, all of our challenges call for you to use your hoarded supplies, so dig into your stash, make something bright and sunny, and proudly tell us what you used! You have until Noon EST on Friday, July 5th to link up your creation to the Use It Tuesday blog. As always, one lucky participant will be randomly chosen to be a featured guest designer!

For my sunshine-filled project, I created the above card. I started with this great patterned paper from Dear Lizzy and used watercolors to add orange, pink, and yellow to the background. Unfortunately, I didn't wait long enough for the watercolors to dry when I added the ink. Therefore, the bicycle image is a little faded. Note my mistake and learn, right ladies?! 

The card seemed a little plain -- I'm quickly learning that the idea of negative space just isn't my style -- so I added some splatters of Mister Huey's mists in bright colors as well. I've had the glitter stars in my stash for quite a while. They were on clearance, so I juuuuust haaaaaad to buy them. This challenge's theme was the perfect time to get them out. A pearl was placed on each sequin and added around the stars to complete the embellishing. I'll also add that the stamp was un-inked in my stash. Thanks Use It Tuesday for challenging me to USE IT! 

Thanks for checking out my take on this challenge... Make sure to head to the Use It Tuesday blog to check out my fellow Design Team Members and link up a bright and sunny project of your own! 

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Apricot, Onyx, Sugar)
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Carwheel Court)
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co (Basket Full of Wishes)
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), Mister Huey's (Sherbet, Leaf Green)
Embellishments: A Muse Studio (White Pearls)
Tools: Close To My Heart (Paper Distresser)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs