Hello My Dear

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The finishing touches have been made to my nephew Hunter's baby album, at least in terms of his grand entrance into the world and his first few days. The last layout to be constructed was this one of my sister-in-law's parents meeting Hunter for the first time. 

These square cutouts from Studio Calico were the starting point for the layout. From there, I layered patterned papers and other embellishments in the same color scheme. 

The SMASH Date Stamp from K&Company is one of my most used tools. The open box is perfect for journaling a word in a different color ink. To balance out the amount of red located at the bottom left corner of the layout, I added the word "love" in red pen to the box.

Not much journaling was needed as many of the layouts in this album were from the same event. Therefore, I added the word "grandson" to an arrow die cut from Chic Tags to complete the page.

Thanks for stopping by today!

LAYOUT SUPPLIES
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico (Temple), October Afternoon (Paid In Full), BasicGrey (Fact)
Embellishments: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Buttons & Accents, 5th & Frolic Large Tags), K&Co (SMASH Date Stamps), Chic Tags (Birthday Cake Labels)
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), Bic Acid-Free Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs