Tool Love :: Adhering Ribbon To Projects

Monday, July 1, 2013

Good morning! I first want to say thank you for stopping by the blog this weekend and checking out both the S.W.A.T and Practical Scrappers blog hops! Hope you had a blast, found lots of inspiration, and are excited to hear the winners tomorrow! There's still a few more hours to be entered in the numerous drawings, so scroll down to view both posts! 

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite tools - The Xyron Create-A-Sticker

I love the 1.5" Create-A-Sticker machine. It's beyond easy to use and works wonders for adhering small die cut shapes and letters. As you can see from the above picture, I also love using it for ribbon! Sheer, grosgrain, rickrack and more! You simply put it into the top of the machine, and pull it out the bottom with permanent adhesive. Depending on the width of the ribbon, you can fit two ribbons at a time and not waste any adhesive!

Here's a simple card I created with this technique:

Because the adhesive is thin and permanent, you can tightly wrap it around paper, create ruffles... or anything else you can think up! It will stick to scrapbook pages and home decor. I'm starting to sound like a salesman... I just really love this little tool. 

I'd love to hear if you've tried any Xyron sticker makers and what you've created with it! Leave me a note in the comment section below. Thanks for joining me today.

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut, American Crafts
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers
Stamp: KaiserCraft
Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa)
Ribbon: Creative Imaginations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs