What Was I Thinking?!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Good morning! Today I'm sharing a layout posted on the Use It Tuesday blog yesterday. As part of the Use It Tuesday team, I'm here helping you USE YOUR STASH.... and my own! Sometimes I look at a hoarded item and think, "Why in the world did I buy that?!" That brings us to this week's challenge: WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

For this challenge we want you to use your hoarded supplies featuring something that makes you think, "Why did I buy that?" or "Why did I buy that many" or even "WHY did I let my friends take pictures when I did THAT?" 

Then head over to the Use It Tuesday blog and link up your creation by Noon EST on Friday, August 2nd. As always, one lucky participant will be randomly chosen to be a featured guest designer in an upcoming challenge. 

Now, let's take a look at my WHAT WAS I THINKING moment...

I thought these locks and keys from Graphic 45 were just gorgeous! But the packages sat and sat and sat and sat and collected dust in my pile of embellishments. They're beautiful, but they're not my style. In my mind, a key just never fit in with the theme of any of my layouts. Solution? Come up with a cheesy subtitle for this layout and add the metal embellishments to the page!

The pictures were from a concert I attended downtown with two friends. The keys were strung on ivory twine and hot glued to the page. I glued a bunch of twine behind the lock embellishment to tie the two pieces together.

The chipboard letters that make up the title are a few years old as well. I painted gold Color Shine from Heidi Swaap over the top to highlight the other gold pieces in the page. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I can't wait to see what great moment or item you highlight! 

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Sugar)
Patterned Paper: BoBunny, Crate Paper (Story Teller Cuts 12x12 Accents) 
Embellishments: Chic Tags (Birthday Cake Banners), Graphic 45 (Ornate Metal Keys, Ornate Metal Key Holes), Ormolu (Made Little Labels, Made Flappers), My Mind's Eye (The Sweetest Thing Lavender Stickers)
Twine: A Muse Studio 
Stamp: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Date Stamp)
Inks: Heidi Swaap Color Shine (Gold), StazOn (Jet Black)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs