Drill #14 :: Stickers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

If you're looking for the Unscripted Sketches Flashback post, please keep scrolling. Thanks for checking out the blog! 

It's time for a brand new drill from the S.W.A.T blog. Are you ready? Drill #14 asks you to use the sketch below for inspiration AND include stickers in your layout. Now, we're not talking about Thickers, so dig around in that stash and get to work! 

Scrapbook sketch

Here's a look at the layout I created for the challenge. I apologize for the super white background... It blends in a bit with the blog background. As you can see, I rotated the sketch to the left (90 degrees counterclockwise) and changed up some of the elements. This is why I love sketches so much. It doesn't look too much like the original sketch by our very own Jennifer, but it truly was inspired by it. Sketches are always a starting point for creativity!

Scrapbook layout (via shezigzags.blogspot.com)

I used a combination of sticker letters and chipboard stickers on this layout. As you can see below, I had to do a little improvising to create an additional "B" for the title. When flipping through the scrapbook, you can't even tell! Rather than a single scalloped border behind the photos, I opted for three strips of patterned paper to really anchor the three photos together. 


I liked how the sketch had two clusters of objects in opposite corners. Therefore, I layered die cuts, chipboard, and bling in opposite corners of my layout. The yellow die cuts were cut from white cardstock using the Silhouette Cameo and then colored with watercolor paints. I backed the arrow sentiment with white scrap paper and added a little doodling to highlight the sentiment. It fit so perfectly with the theme of this page!


My dad was mimicking my nephew's chubby cheeks in this classic photo below. It became the center point for the layout. I wrote a few sentences on paper scraps and added them to the top right corner as journaling. 


Head over to the S.W.A.T blog for more sketch and sticker inspiration. And don't forget to link up your own project by August 28th! To get you motivated, we're giving away a $10 gift card to 3 Scrappy Boys and a Guest Designer spot! I can't wait to see what you create. 

SUPPLIES :: American Crafts (White Cardstock, Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Mini Alpha Tiles & Chipboard Shapes, Ormolu Made Pennants, Studio Calico (Dew, Fancy Free, Gable), October Afternoon Sunday Dishes, A Muse Studio Winter Sky Mist

TOOLS :: Silhouette Cameo, Circle Hearts Cut File, Chic Tags Arrows Cut File, Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Cutter, MyStik Permanent Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, 0.5 Black Copic Multiliner

3 comments:

  1. Awwdorable pics and great layout! Love the colors and embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. Great take on the sketch and wonderful colors. Saw it on SWAT. I am now following your blog via GFC. Would love for you to stop by and say hi.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love how you rotated it to suit your photos! Great example for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs