On Trend :: Trees

Monday, August 26, 2013

The On Trend Team of Practical Scrappers is headed back to nature today with a fun assignment to try: TREES! 

While looking through my photos ready to be scrapped, I came across this photo of trees. Funny, right?! I decided to take a literal approach, posting this picture along with several others of my nephew's first fishing trip.

Fishing scrapbook layout

BoBunny's Trail Mix collection won me over, and I haven't stopped creating with it. You can see a few projects made with the collection here and here. While flipping through my leftover hoarded supplies, I found this 12x12 tree paper. How convenient! I used it as the background and brought in a pice of the bark paper as well. This is one of the few layouts that I didn't plan before gluing items down. Therefore, it's a little crazy and jumbled, but it came together in under 15 minutes!

Just a note about my nephew in this picture. He LOVES behind held this way, and for the first few months he would cry if he wasn't laying in this position. I call him the expert planker. That bottom picture cracks me up every time!


I added a Dear Lizzy tag to the layout with foam risers in place of a traditional title and then placed Trail Mix die cut stickers around the layout. Before placing the sticker down, I used my fingers to round the corners. This gives a little dimension to the otherwise flat stickers.


Head over to the Practical Scrappers blog to see how the other design team members took on this trend! Thanks for stopping by. 

SUPPLIES :: BoBunny Trail Mix 12x12 Sticker Sheet & Patterned Papers, American Crafts Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Large Tags

TOOLS :: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, MyStik Permanent Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, Close To My Heart Paper Distresser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs