Project Life 2013 Update

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hello paper crafters! I spent some time recently photographing my 2013 album, which means it's time to share. Although I use Project Life style page protectors and cards, I don't use numbered weeks and mix in traditional layouts. You can see other Project Life style posts here.

This first spread uses a mixture of the Midnight Core Kit and Studio Calico's Valley High PL Kit. All photos were taken with my phone during a impromptu ladies craft day. Two of my friends met me at Creations Galore for the day. I taught both ladies how to use my Silhouette Cameo and sewing machine to make a few decor pieces for their homes. 

I wanted to use all of the photos, but they looked awkward together on a traditional layout. Throwing in a few patterned cards and separating the pictures into unique thoughts with different pockets was the perfect solution! 

Here you can see my friend, Amber, using my Silhouette to create one-of-a-kind art work for her new kitchen. So cute! I was so amazed at the ideas she had came up with. The card below is from the Midnight Core kit. I added a piece of cardstock and BasicGrey transparency to complete it. 

I'm in love with these self-adhesive cork stars from the July PL kit from Studio Calico. As you can see, I used them on several cards.

This spread documents extremely random events that closed up the month of May. This spread uses the Jade Core Kit, Midnight Core Kit, and Valley High PL Kit. It includes one screen shot, three photos, and a ticket stub for memorabilia. I had a mini battle in my craft room debating between throwing these photos out or including them in the album. As you can see, the photos won! 

I love this details journaling card above. It's meant for journaling, but the photo fit so perfectly within the dotted lines. I decided to adhere it at a slant and add a combination of sticker letters and handwriting. 

Thanks for stopping by today! How are you documenting 2013?

SUPPLIES Becky Higgins (Midnight Core Kit, Jade Core Kit), Studio Calico (Valley High PL Kit), October Afternoon (Travel Girl Tidbits, Airmail Washi Tape), BasicGrey (Hipster Transparencies), American Crafts (Hardcover Gold Thickers), Simple Stories (SN@P!  Letters, Typeset Stickers), K&Co (SMASH Black Dots Washi Tape)

TOOLS Becky Higgins Design A Pocket Pages, Martha Stewart Corner Rounder, American Crafts (Basic Black Gel Pen, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Roller Date Stamp), Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Brother Sewing Machine, MyStik Permanent Adhesive,  StazOn Jet Black ink. 

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs