Retro Sketches :: Caffeine Fix

Friday, August 16, 2013

Hello! Yesterday I planned to have a full day to myself. I anticipated not leaving my house, sleeping in, and spending the day in my pajamas at my craft table. Sounds great, right?! After a call at 7 AM from a friend in need, I knew the day would be nothing as I planned. And sure enough, I had two other friends after that with frustrating events that needed some tending to. Rather than a day as a hermit, I ran around town. And you know what? I wouldn't change it. At the very end of the day, I was able to sit down long enough to create this card, and it sums up each of those "appointments" pretty well.

Card sketch

I used the sketch above from Retro Sketches as inspiration. I can't get enough of this sentiment. There really is nothing caffeine (and maybe a really good friend with a day off) can't fix! 

Market Street Stamps Coffee Card

The cup was stamped on white cardstock and layered on top of patterned papers and embellishments - Honestly, a random selection of items on my desk. 

Coffee card

Thanks for stopping by. May this bit of caffeine in the form of a card brighten your day!

SUPPLIES :: A Muse Studio Sugar Cardstock, Pebbles Walnut Grove 6x6 Paper Pad, Mister Huey's Dark Calico Mist, Market Street Stamps Daily Grind Set, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, A Muse Studio Latte Pearls, Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Ephemera Pack

TOOLS :: Close To My Heart Paper Distresser, A Muse Studio Acrylic Block, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, MyStik Permanent Adhesive, Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorbs! I couldn't agree more with the sentiment too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs