Lil Swimmer Layout

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Last week I shared a few pages from my 2013 album using pocket protectors to document my summer. It's only appropriate that I share the layout that accompanied them. Here's what the pages look like together inside the album...

Mixing 12x12 layouts and pocket pages
I just love pocket scrapbooking! And here's a close up of the 12x12 traditional layout I created...

Swimming Scrapbook Layout
My nephew is only a few months old, which means I'm documenting EVERYTHING. Everything he does is a fun, new, exciting adventure. I can't help but capture, and document, all of it. That includes the first time I saw him "swimming" in a pool. Can we all just agree that babies in pools are cute?! So cute. 

Faux stitching on layouts
I choose papers full of yellow and orange to coordinate with the teal of the photo, but to also create a bright summer layout. The small strip of teal paper was added in to tie the papers and photos together. A few splashes of Mister Huey's mist was added to the stark white background. 

Stamping on layouts
All of the other elements were cut with the Silhouette Cameo. The title was the Bebas font, cut from the same patterned paper used behind the photos. Faux stitching was added to break up all of the yellow I gathered together. I couldn't help but stamp a few sayings around the layout with the help of Citrus Twist Kits. Stamping on layouts has become a must for me. 

Stamping on layouts
It's only in the 30's here in Wisconsin, so I'm loving the idea of swimming and summer. Hope this layout brings a smile and a little warmth to your corner of the globe!

SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico Mister Huey's Sherbet, We R Memory Keepers Sunshine, Echo Park Lazy Days, American Crafts Cardstock, Citrus Twist Kits Stamps

TOOLS :: Silhouette Cameo, Bic Acid Free Marker, StazOn Jet Black, A Muse Studio Acrylic Block

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs