The Masterpiece Of Nature : Plum Poppy Studio

Friday, November 15, 2013

I am so excited for today's post. When the lovely and talented DoBea of Plum Poppy Studio asked me to play around with her stamps, my heart skipped a beat. I've been a huge fan of DoBea's creations, along with the stamp she illustrated for Market Street Stamps last year. You can see my creation from that stamp set here. If you haven't heard of Plum Poppy Studio, hurry up and head over to her site - You'll find lots of inspiration and tutorials, as well as her high quality stamps and SVG files. 

Plum Poppy Studio Masterpiece of Nature Card
For today's post I worked with The Masterpiece of Nature set, partnering it with We R Memory Keepers' Harvest collection. I distressed, inked, and layered a few of the cardstocks in the collection to create the base of the card. The small patterns of the 6x6 paper pad were MADE for these leaves! I simply stamped a few onto different colors, cut them out, and adhered them to the front of the card. 

Paper Pieced Leaves
Distressed Card
I loved stamping and cutting the leaves out of patterned paper SO much, I had to do it again. And I may have gone a little crazy for this second card. 

Plum Poppy Studio Nature Card by She Zig Zags
Plum Poppy Studio has wonderful SVGs to cut out these leaves (found here). I highly recommend it unless you're halfway through Season 8 of How I Met Your Mother and you NEED to finish it RIGHT. NOW. I'm going to assume that's not the case. Opt for the SVG files to make this card super easy and quick!

Masterpiece of Nature Card
Again, I started with an inked and layered cardstock base. I then adhered the leaves, cut from the Harvest 6x6 Paper Pad, around the outside edges of the card. This beautiful sentiment was stamped on cream cardstock and popped up with foam risers. I loved contrast of the clean sentiment and distressed background. 

Paper Piecing
Thanks for checking out today's blog post. Please head over to the Plum Poppy Studio blog or Facebook page and give DoBea some love. I'm positive you'll fall in love with her new stamps!

SUPPLIES :: Plum Poppy Studio The Masterpiece of Nature Set, We R Memory Keepers Harvest Collection, Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa Inks, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Tattered Angels Apple Glimmer Mist, Mister Huey's Dark Calico, A Muse Studio Twine, Creative Imaginations Twill

TOOLS :: Inkssentials Foam Applicator Tool, CTMH Paper Distresser, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, MyStik Permanent Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs