Project Life Update : Document that Furlough

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's time to share another spread of those in between moments in the scrapbook album. This page is from the beginning of October and uses Becky Higgins Project Life Design A Protector.

All photos were taken with my cell phone, along with a screenshot of a news article. The embellishments and most of the cards came from Studio Calico kits

For the start of October, I wanted to include the Government Shutdown. I added the dates to a funny Studio Calico journal card and placed it alongside an article from the first day. I also included my Facebook status from that day. Always thinking about future viewers of the album, I include any major news items and my reaction to them or how it impacted my day to day routine. 

On the opposite side of the spread, I included pictures and thoughts from my job. I recently found this quote on Humans of New York, and it fit perfectly with the theme. The ribbon was from the most recent Blue Note Scrapbook Kit. I created a ruffle and sewed a single line through the ribbon, attaching it to the journaling card. 

Do you add any world events to your scrapbook albums?

SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico (Blue Note Scrapbook Kit and In A Creative Bubble Printable, Cuppa and Marks & Co Project Life Kits, Printable Labels), Becky Higgins Grid Cards, We R Memory Keepers Notable Journaling Cards

TOOLS :: Becky Higgins Design A, Typewriter, Brother Sewing Machine, Martha Stewart Crafts Corner Rounder, American Crafts Basics Black Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs