Project Life 2014 : Week One

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Are you ready for some CRAZY news? I'm up to date on my 2014 Project Life album, and it feels so good. This is A FIRST. Join me in a little celebration dance as I share week one. 

I scrapbook chronologically and found it weird to have pieces of December in my new 2014 album. Therefore, my spreads cover Wednesday through Tuesday. This may seem weird, but it makes sense to me. Isn't that what makes this project so great... It can be customized to fit your life. 

I've stuck with the Design A page protector and used mostly Studio Calico Project Life kits to embellish the week. All photos were taken with my cell phone, and I've included two screenshots. 

What happened this week: After-Christmas shopping with the girls, worked from home and the office, appeared on a local news station, video chat with the cutest little boy I know, Packer victory and loss, and the polar vortex. 

The photo in the top left was a complete accident. I don't think I was even trying to take a picture at the time. Therefore, it's just a blurry shot of our feet. After looking at it, I really wanted to somehow include it. I love how it captured their little sparkly feet. They made fun of my purse that day and forced me to purchase one that wasn't falling apart! The challenge was including the picture without it seeming awkward and unnecessary. The solution? Using a Slick Writer from American Crafts to turn it into a journaling card. 

Last year I didn't stick to one week per spread and found I added more pictures than really necessary. Two weeks into this year, I'm LOVING the structure of weekly spreads. It's forcing me to weed out the photos that don't really tell a story. It's also added the challenge of creatively adding journaling and extra photos. I used Flip Flaps from American Crafts to easily add just that! They're self adhesive and keep the photos protected and free from dust.

To me, journaling is just as important as the photos which is evident by just how much of it there is. I'm happy to know that someone can look through this album and not need me there to explain anything. It truly is a documentation of me in 2014 - the good and the bad. 

I just love this project. Thanks for taking a look... And come back every Wednesday for a new spread. 

SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico Project Life Kit Kits, Moments Cards / Becky Higgins Midnight & Sunshine Core Kits / Bella Blvd Snapshots Bookplate Day Stickers / CTMH 4x6 Flip Flaps

TOOLS :: Becky Higgins 12x12 Leather Album, Design A Page Protectors, 0.3 Marker, M Slick Writer, Date Stamp / Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher / StazOn Jet Black Ink 

1 comment:

  1. I might need to steal that screen shot of the weather from you. Document it and hope we never see it again in our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs