December Daily Part 2

Friday, February 28, 2014

December Daily Cover
Hello there. I'm a little late to the game, sharing Part 2 of my December Daily 2013 album. You can see Part 1 here. Part 1 covered December 1-8, which means we're picking up at Day 9. I used a Simple Stories 6x8 SN@P album with a variety of page protectors. I wanted to mix traditional layouts with pocket pages, and this worked perfect. 

Christmas Scrapbook Layout
Day 9: I used cut outs from We R Memory Keepers' North Pole Collection to create this fun title. We got to baby sit the cutest little dog, and she was quickly added to my Christmas list. 

Christmas Cookies Scrapbook Layout
This same day I participated in a cookie exchange. I'm so glad that I documented the cookie-making process, because I didn't take any photos at the actual event. After seeing the recipe and photos in this album, I'm dying to create my own recipe book in this format.  

The recipe was written on a folded 4x6 journaling card from the Sunshine Core Kit by Becky Higgins. I had fun mixing the different Core Kits with Christmas collections from Simple Stories, BasicGrey, BoBunny, We R Memory Keepers, and Carta Bella. Why stick to one collection when you can have pieces of them all?!

Project Life Recipe
December Daily Inserts
Day 10: No pictures today. As I mentioned in my first post, it was a difficult month. Working on this album truly was therapy, and it was on this day that I started to realize that. 

December Daily
Day 11: Craft room cleanup. I love that wooden clip from Studio Calico and now want 500 more please. 

BoBunny December Daily
Day 12: Can we all agree this winter was cold?! I cut my own journaling cards from 12x12 papers and added washi tape, scalloped borders, labels, and chipboard pieces. 

December Daily Silhouette Cut Insert
Day 13: I made an insert with my Silhouette Cameo, cutting out a fun phrase from White Christmas. It was added to the album with BasicGrey Attach Me Stickers. 

December Daily
December Daily
Day 14: I helped my mom get ready for a Christmas dinner she was throwing and happily captured this picture of my parents. It's so... them. It made the album along with my grilled cheese dinner. I decided to add more journaling and less embellishments on this spread. 

December Daily Sequin Pocket
Day 15: I was scheduled to appear on my local news channel to show off homemade Christmas card and album ideas. Since breaking my tooth days earlier, I forced my mom to do the segment instead. She was so GREAT, and I was excited to be behind the scenes and capture a few priceless photos of her. I cut one of the page protectors in half, adding a square photo on the right and patterned paper with sequins and wood veneers on the left. The left pocket was sewn shut. 

December Daily Sequin Pocket
December Daily Sequin Pocket
December Daily
Day 16: It was easy to get into the Christmas spirit with a concert at the girls' school. I originally planned to include the program, but my album was too thick! The pictures with their grades works wonderfully. There's nothing more adorable than children's choir concerts. 

December Daily
Day 17: The talented DoBea of Plum Poppy Studio released amazing stamp sets this past December, and I was honored (and downright excited) to play around with them. It gave me the kick to get started on my Christmas cards. 

I cut up another page protector to create a 3x4 insert. No sewing was needed! I dropped in a screenshot and journaling card. To add some glitz, I adhered a piece of ribbon with Scor-Tape. 

Text Message Project Life Insert
Day 18: A look into an average day at work with the dog. Eat lunch, sit in the sun, sleep, repeat. 
Text Message Project Life Insert

So many random and fun moments from this past December. It wasn't too long ago, but I've loved looking back and reminiscing about all that happened! Thanks for taking a look with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs