Star & Watercolor Background

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One of my favorite card making techniques is using Distress Inks as watercolors. That's exactly what I did to create the sky-themed background for today's card.

Sweet Stamp Shop Dream Card
To create the background, I pressed the ink pads directly to a craft sheet. Distress Inks react with water; therefore, I added a few sprays to the inks before dipping watercolor cardstock into the ink. The first layer of ink was too light for my liking. I dried the layer and dipped it into the ink a second time. 

Distress Ink Watercolor Background
The new stamp set, Enjoy Calligraphy, from Sweet Stamp Shop quickly became one of my favorites. The script is beautiful. I used the small stars stamp repeatedly to cover the background before adding it to the card front. A little vellum scrap and a die cut completed the look. 

Distress Ink Watercolor Background
So dreamy... Excuse me while I create about 400 more. I just love these products. 

SUPPLIES :: Paper Cut Cardstock, Watercolor Paper, Iridescent Vellum / Sweet Stamp Shop Enjoy Calligraphy Stamp Set / VersaFine Black Ink / Spellbinders Die / Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, Dusty Concord, & Tattered Rose Distress Inks

TOOLS :: Evolution Die Cutting Tool / Acrylic Block / Tonic 12" Guillotine / MyStik Permanent Adhesive / Mini Mister / Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs